ESPN blogger Chris Low recently listed Ole Miss with the SEC's fourth-toughest non-conference schedule next season. Of course, the SEC foes are pretty good too. The challenging slate continues again in 2012, which will make for some big-time matchups at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium over the next two seasons. In other words, LOCK UP YOUR TICKETS NOW!
To put in perspective how awesome our home schedules are the next two years, the good folks in the UMAA Foundation have dug up some staggering numbers on just how strong they are compared to everyone else's next two home slates. Our home opponents for the next two seasons not only combined for the last six national championships (Alabama, Auburn, Florida [twice], LSU and Texas) but over the last three years:
- Appeared in eight BCS bowl games (first in nation).
- Won five BCS bowl games (first in nation).
- Combined for 18 bowl wins (first in nation).
- 10 of the 14 opponents have won a bowl game within the past three years (first in nation).
- Appeared in 25 bowl games (first in SEC and third nationally behind Michigan and Michigan State's schedules).
Did I mention to LOCK UP YOUR TICKETS NOW?