Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Carter Advances At European Tour Qualifier

It may be her first time to travel to Europe, but former Ole Miss All-American Dori Carter seemed right at home in the first stage of the Ladies European Tour School qualifying event at La Manga Golf Course in Murcia, Spain.

Carter shot a 76-73-70-78—297 to tie for 22nd place and secure a spot in the final stage of the LET qualifying event.

If she can finish in the top-35 in the final stage at La Manga next week, Carter will gain full status on the European Tour.

Already a member of the LPGA Tour in the United States, the Valdosta, Ga., native is hoping to supplement her schedule in the States with events across the Atlantic.

For Carter, playing in Europe also brings out a special sense of pride in representing her country.

“Another thing about playing in Europe is that I no longer reside/represent Valdosta, Georgia,” Carter said. “I am announced as Dori Carter from the United States.”

It hasn’t been all business in Europe for the former Rebel, though. Carter has taken time to do some sight-seeing in Spain when she is not on the golf course.

“I have had a great time in Spain so far,” said Carter. “On my way to Murcia, I was able to spend an afternoon in Madrid. What an amazing city! I made my way to Puerta del Sol (downtown) and wandered around. I ate lunch at the Mercado de San Miguel, which is an indoor market with fresh everything.”

No comments:

Post a Comment