Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Countdown To Kickoff: 38 Days

No number is more synonymous with Ole Miss than the No. 38.

Roy Lee "Chucky" Mullins came to Oxford as a lightly-recruited defensive back from Russellville, Ala., but quickly established himself as one of the hardest-working players on the squad and a leader for the entire team. After his tragic injury against Vanderbilt in 1988, Chucky still served as an inspirational force for his Rebel teammates, Ole Miss fans and all of college football. Chucky's words, "Never Quit," still ring true to Rebels everywhere even after his passing almost 20 years ago.



"I've never been a quitter. It's not in my heart to give up. I don't think it should be in anybody's heart. I may give out, but I'll never give up." - Chucky Mullins

If you have a suggestion for a favorite player, play or something a little more creative you would like to see featured in the countdown, leave a comment below or shoot me an e-mail at desnowde@olemiss.edu.

No comments:

Post a Comment