Monday, July 19, 2010

Countdown To Kickoff: 47 Day

Today the countdown would like to honor former Rebel Tony Fein, who passed away last year. A two-year starter for the Rebels, Fein helped Ole Miss rebound from a 3-9 season as a junior to a 9-4 season and Cotton Bowl champs as a senior. He is also credited by his teammates with beginning the "Landshark" hand sign for the Ole Miss defense.



If you have a suggestion for a favorite player, play or something a little more creative you would like to see featured in the countdown, leave a comment below or shoot me an e-mail at desnowde@olemiss.edu.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to say Thank You for everything you have done To remember my Son, and every kindness you have shown are family after his passing. The Ole Miss Family and Fan's Will always be part of my most heart felt memories of a time of true joy in my son's life, He truly loved the Ole Miss Football team and Fan's he came to call his Family. I'll never forget your kindness after the tremendous loss Of my Gentle Giant, and your LandShark Tony Fein. Best wishes this year, My God Bless You All and keep you safe. Anthony's Fein's Mom Cindy Daniels

    ReplyDelete